This year – we decided, every Monday – we will be sharing a few tips and tricks that help us travel. This is the WhiteCollarTravellers version of #MondayMotivation.
For those who don’t know us – We are a regular couple, working 50 hours or more a week in our regular day jobs. We love to travel but we also love our respective jobs. And – we don’t intent to travel full time.
For us, travel is an escape from our routine work life but also an opportunity to experience this big and beautiful world and make memories forever. This blog is mainly to share our fun stories, get some inspiration from this beautiful community and also share some of our own.
Anyways coming back decided to start this series!
Q1. Is Travelling Expensive
So many people think that travel is expensive. It sure can be with flights, hotels, car rentals, fancy restaurants, tours etc. But in our view can be made affordable if planned properly. It takes a serious and conscious effort – but everyone can do it.
Quick pointers –
- Firstly, you don’t have to fly half-way around the world to travel, it could be exploring a nearby village, town or city or the country next door. Do whatever works for you.
- Don’t book impulsively. That is the basic rule.
- Don’t travel when everyone else is travelling – summer breaks, festivals etc. Shoulder season is always the best. Lesser crowds, cheaper rates and you get the city/place to yourself.
- Don’t try and go everything during your trip/. Prioritize on what you want to do and research best available options. It is ok to miss out a little – after all the trip/vacation should be for you and not for Instagram!
- Save up for the holiday. Plan your rough budget and save accordingly. For example – We save for 3-4 months before a 10 day holiday in Europe. If you love luxury stay – save up more. If you want a longer holiday – budget daily expenditure and save up accordingly.