Back with our WhiteCollarTravellers version of #MondayMotivation. As mentioned last time we decided, every Monday – we will be sharing a few tips and tricks that help us travel.
How to choose your destination?
Choosing a destination can be overwhelming – whether you are a first time traveller or a seasoned traveller. To make the process easier they are a few questions that can help narrow down your choices –
- How much time do you have? Is this a long weekend trip, a week or 2 weeks or a month!
- When do you plan to travel? Which month, do you have enough time to plan for visa and travel?
- How much money do you plan to spend?
- What type of holiday do you want? Beach vs Mountains? Relaxing vs Adventure? It is also a good idea to keep your fellow travellers and their preferences in mind.
These 4 broad questions will help you narrow down to your geographical radius. Then you start narrowing down countries or cities.
- Do you have any bucket list items to be checked / countries to be covered /cities you saw in a movie and wanted to visit?
- Recommendations from friends or family?
- Destinations that you read in some travel journals or saved on Instagram, Pinterest!
- Be open- minded! This is the most important tip – We had no idea at the beginning of last year that we would travel to New Zealand – we just wanted a different experience and wanted to drive around!
- Google the hell out for interesting options – haven’t heard about a place, explore it, consider the less famous towns – it is a great way to get inspired.
And lastly, follow your gut and be decisive!
* And like we always say – you don’t have to fly half-way around the world to travel, it could be exploring a nearby village, town or city or the country next door. After all the trip/vacation should be for you and not for Instagram! Do whatever works for you!
Hope this helps!